Written by Blogunity
How well do you know your filmography when it comes to screen automobiles? This quiz is based on a picture by Calm the Ham, a graphic artist organization that creates compendium-like posters of filmographic objects. Their posters are available to buy, so visit their website if you’re interested in this (link at bottom)
Starting at the top left and moving right:
1. Written by F. Scott Fitzgerald, this novel was made into a film starring Leonardo DiCaprio.
2. Paul Schrader wrote and directed this film; Richard Gere stars as a male escort in the city of Los Angeles.
3. The main characters of this story are bank robbers in the early 1930’s. Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty star in the 1967 film.
4. This film is the first of four in the series. The story centers around Harrison Ford as he travels around the globe searching for artifacts and rescuing them from the clutches of ‘evil’.
5. Marlon Brando and Al Pacino star in this 1972 crime drama about a fictional crime family who live in New York. It won three academy awards.
6. This musical is set in the 50’s about an American high school couple. The story includes a fight between rival gangs, drag races, as well as, bouffant hairdos.
7. This 1989 film is a comedy drama starring Jessica Tandy, Morgan Freeman, and Dan Aykroyd. It takes place during a period of racial change in the U.S.A..
8. This 1988 film stars Tom Cruise as a selfish guy who is out to make a quick buck. Dustin Hoffman plays his brother who inherits their father’s fortune upon his death.
9. This was the first car to be toured under this superhero’s name. TV, comic books, animated features, and films depict various versions of his exploits in the big bad city.
10. The most fearsome car ever to appear in film. Directed by John Carpenter, this story is based on a novel by one of the most famous writers in our time.
11. This comedy starring Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Sigourney Weaver, Ernie Hudson, and Rick Moranis takes place in New York City in the 1980’s. Who you gonna call?
12. A must see teen movie for people of all ages. This 1986 film is a comedy about a teen, his girlfriend, and his best friend who all skip school and spend their day in the city of Chicago.
13. This action comedy film series consists of three movies starring Mike Myers as a spy for the British government, as well as, the hero’s evil nemesis.
14. This 1968 Disney movie centers around a race car and his owner, played by Dean Jones. Buddy Hackett’s character names the car after his uncle, who was a boxer.
15. Al Pacino stars in this 1983 crime drama, written by Oliver Stone, is about a Cuban who becomes a major drug kingpin in Florida.
16. This famous van can be seen in comic books, in animated films, in a TV series, and on the big screen. The 2002 film stars Sarah Michelle Gellar, Freddie Prinze, Jr., Linda Cardellini, and Matthew Lillard.
17. This 1992 comedy stars Joe Pesci, Mitchell Whitfield, Ralph Macchio, and Marisa Tomei. The story revolves around a murder trial with Joe Pesci playing a lawyer for his innocent cousin and his friend.
18. Ian Fleming wrote a series of novels from which many movies have been made. This particular film stars Sean Connery as a spy, with supporting cast members: Shirley Eaton, Honor Blackman, and Gert Frobe.
1. The Great Gatsby, 2. American Gigolo, 3. Bonny and Clyde, 4. Raiders of the Lost Ark, 5. The Godfather, 6. Grease, 7. Driving Miss Daisy, 8. Rain Man, 9. Batman, 10. Christine, 11. Ghostbusters, 12. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, 13. Austin Powers, 14. Herbie Movies, 15. Scarface, 16. Scooby Doo, 17. My Cousin Vinny, 18. Goldfinger
Calm the Ham is available at this link (click here)