Written by Martel Jaimes
Looking for a cupcake fondant? Well, look no more because this marshmallow fondant will surely make your cupcakes perfect. Marshmallow fondant is the best type to prepare for any occasion at any time you wish. Most people prefer this because it is very unique and sweeter than most regular fondants. The ingredients are available at any marketplace. It only requires you follow some simple steps.
Marshmallows can be used to cover cupcakes and can be a fondant and candy as well. Just remember one thing, avoid putting your mallows on something moist since it tends to get sticky and gummy easily. Below are some ingredients and a step by step process on how to make a marshmallow fondant.
> 2 tablespoon of water
> Powdered Sugar
> Food coloring or flavored extracts, optional (enhances your fondant to become more appealing and attractive)
1. Place the marshmallows and 2 table spoons of water in a large bowl. Make sure that the bowl is safe to use in your microwave.
2. Put the bowl in microwave and wait for 30-60 seconds. Do it repeatedly as you need to check the mallows every minute until they melt.
3. When mallows have already melted, put the sugar into it and stir continuously using a baking spoon. Pour more sugar as long as you can still stir the mixtures.
4. You can add food coloring at this moment, just take note that when there are still unmelted mallows, separate them and put again in microwave for 30-45 seconds. Wait again until they melt. If you want different a variety of colored fondant, you can divide the mixtures depending on your discretion and pour the food colorings batch by batch.
5. Dust your hands with sugar, then knead the mixture with sugar and a little amount of water to soften the fondant.
6. After kneading, rest the fondant. Form the fondant into a ball and coat it with shortening. Cover it with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator and let it rest overnight.
Now, wasn’t that easy! Just follow the simple instructions above and in no time, you will have a marshmallow fondant.