There’s nothing wrong with curves, is there? I don’t think so at all. And what does a belly really matter? However, for some, it is the ideal of many women and men. So, for those of you who are looking to get that thin-tummy look, here are 10 tips that can get you there more quickly.
1. Drink a glass of water before eating. In fact, make it a big glass or maybe two. This will help to reduce your appetite when you do eat your meal.
2. Eat five small meals a day. This is also called “grazing”. The idea behind this is that your stomach will never be too full from large meals, thus allowing it too work more easily. Also, if your stomach is too full, your muscles will become distended, giving you that “beer belly” look.
3. Eat slowly. After fifteen minutes into a meal, your brain begins to tell your stomach enough! Therefore, the slower you eat the less you’ll eat. You should still enjoy your meal though!
4. Know your serving sizes. Try not to overdo it. One suggestion would be to buy smaller bowls and plates so your brain is tricked into thinking your serving size is larger than it really is.
5. Do cardio 20 minutes a day, five days a week. This will help you lose fat around your tummy; this can also be speed walking, swimming or any other exercise where your heart’s BPM is raised.
6. Maintain good posture; it strengthens tummy muscles. Plus, slumping simply isn’t attractive.
7. Strengthen your core by buying a heavy exercise ball and doing exercises with it. Just be careful, as it’s easy to get injured when you’re just starting out.
8. Cut your sweets and junk food. These are simply high sugar foods that contribute nothing nutritionally. Try high fiber fruit instead.
9. Do push-ups and sit-ups. When performing sit ups, remember to raise your knees, don’t keep them flat. That increases risk of injury.
10. Cut down on alcohol and reduce salt intake. Again, alcohol is simply empty calories and is simply not good for you. Salt increases your risk of stroke and other diseases.